Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Mon August 20, 2012
U.S. 127 closed in both directions after semi accident
Both directions of U.S. 127 traffic near Mason will be closed for the rest of today after a semi crash.
The Lansing State Journal reports the highway was first closed early this morning after a northbound semi carrying 10,300 gallons of a liquid asphalt overturned, spilling its load just south of Kipp Road.
The driver sustained minor injuries, reports the Journal, and was transported to Sparrow Hospital after the accident.
More from the Lansing State Journal:
An environmental impact team, Ingham County Hazmat and the Mason Fire Department are working to reduce the impact the contaminants will have on the soil.
Michigan Radio's Steve Carmody tell us the diver apparently fell asleep while driving.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom