Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
Mon August 20, 2012
U.S. 127 closed in both directions after semi accident
Both directions of U.S. 127 traffic near Mason will be closed for the rest of today after a semi crash.
The Lansing State Journal reports the highway was first closed early this morning after a northbound semi carrying 10,300 gallons of a liquid asphalt overturned, spilling its load just south of Kipp Road.
The driver sustained minor injuries, reports the Journal, and was transported to Sparrow Hospital after the accident.
More from the Lansing State Journal:
An environmental impact team, Ingham County Hazmat and the Mason Fire Department are working to reduce the impact the contaminants will have on the soil.
Michigan Radio's Steve Carmody tell us the diver apparently fell asleep while driving.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom