Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Tue August 27, 2013
US car sales are up but customer satisfaction is down
There's been lots to celebrate in terms of sales for the U.S. car makers, bouncing back in a big way from their near-death experiences.
But those strong sales have the auto companies and their suppliers boosting production at a fast rate. And that could be having an unwanted effect---declining customer satisfaction with the vehicles they're turning out.
Claes Fornell, founder of the American Customer Satisfaction Index, joined us today to talk about the latest survey results.
Listen to the full interview above.