Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Mon July 18, 2011
U.S. Coast Guard searching for missing sailors in Lake Michigan
A boat capsized last night during the Chicago-to-Mackinac Island sailboat race last night.
This from Peter Payette, news director at Interlochen Public Radio:
The U.S. Coast Guard is still searching for two sailors in northern Lake Michigan. Their boat, Wing Nuts, capsized around midnight last night. Six other crew members from the ship were picked up by another boat. Both were sailing in the Chicago to Mackinac yacht race. The Coast Guard helicopter from Traverse City and two coast guard boats are searching the waters around the Fox Islands. The Coast Guardsays air and water temperatures are in the low 70s and waves are 4-6 feet high.