Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Mon July 18, 2011
U.S. Coast Guard searching for missing sailors in Lake Michigan
A boat capsized last night during the Chicago-to-Mackinac Island sailboat race last night.
This from Peter Payette, news director at Interlochen Public Radio:
The U.S. Coast Guard is still searching for two sailors in northern Lake Michigan. Their boat, Wing Nuts, capsized around midnight last night. Six other crew members from the ship were picked up by another boat. Both were sailing in the Chicago to Mackinac yacht race. The Coast Guard helicopter from Traverse City and two coast guard boats are searching the waters around the Fox Islands. The Coast Guardsays air and water temperatures are in the low 70s and waves are 4-6 feet high.