Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon October 10, 2011
Vice President Joe Biden coming to Michigan on Wednesday
Vice President Joe Biden will visit Flint and Grand Rapids on Wednesday. He’ll promote the Obama administration’s efforts to spur jobs growth.
The Vice President is scheduled to make two public stops on Wednesday. Biden’s first stop will be in Flint, where he’ll talk about how the President’s jobs plan would spend $5 billion to hire and retain firefighters and police officers. Flint’s police and fire departments have seen deep cuts as the city has struggled with a rising budget deficit.
The vice president will then travel to Grand Rapids where he’ll promote how the jobs plan would modernize schools. The proposal calls for $25 billion in school infrastructure investments nationwide.
President Obama is scheduled to be in Michigan on Friday. The president is expected to tour GM’s assembly plant in Lake Orion. He’ll be accompanied by South Korea’s president as part of an effort to promote a proposed free trade agreement between the U.S. and South Korea.