Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Wed November 2, 2011
Video: A visit with Michigan militia members
Here's a video we produced back in February of 2010.
It gives us a quick look at a militia in Michigan and helps us understand why people participate in militias.
Running themes for participating are a distrust of the government and being ready should society break down.
One member says, "I'm worried about the damage that government interference has done to the economy. How much of your tax dollars are sent to other countries? Countries that people can't even pronounce, so I think you need to narrow taxation down to exactly what's spelled out in the Constitution."
Interviews by Rina Miller and video by Pete Tombers. Michigan Radio's multimedia producer Mercedes Mejia produced the video.