Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
Mon September 17, 2012
A violent weekend in Flint, Michigan, homicides hit 50
The Flint Journal reports this morning about three killings over the weekend, bring the total number of homicides to 50:
Three homicides in as many days has brought the city's total to 50 slayings for the year.
The latest was a shooting and hit and run that left one man dead...
The city didn't record its 50th homicide last year until late October.
In 2010, the city set a record for the number of homicides at 66. That's in a city with a shrinking population.