Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Mon September 17, 2012
A violent weekend in Flint, Michigan, homicides hit 50
The Flint Journal reports this morning about three killings over the weekend, bring the total number of homicides to 50:
Three homicides in as many days has brought the city's total to 50 slayings for the year.
The latest was a shooting and hit and run that left one man dead...
The city didn't record its 50th homicide last year until late October.
In 2010, the city set a record for the number of homicides at 66. That's in a city with a shrinking population.