Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Mon September 17, 2012
A violent weekend in Flint, Michigan, homicides hit 50
The Flint Journal reports this morning about three killings over the weekend, bring the total number of homicides to 50:
Three homicides in as many days has brought the city's total to 50 slayings for the year.
The latest was a shooting and hit and run that left one man dead...
The city didn't record its 50th homicide last year until late October.
In 2010, the city set a record for the number of homicides at 66. That's in a city with a shrinking population.