Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu September 29, 2011
Votes are in: ArtPrize "top ten" announced today
From ArtPrize's website today:
Here are the ArtPrize 2011 Top Ten in alphabetical order. Voting on the top ten will begin at 7:00 PM Thursday, September 29, and continue through 11:59 PM on Wednesday, October 5. The first place winner and the order of the Top Ten will be announced at 6:30 PM on Thursday, October 6 at DeVos Performance Hall. Tickets are available at the ArtPrize HUB at 41 Sheldon.
The Tempest II
“Rusty” A sense of direction/self portrait of the artist
President Gerald Ford Visits ArtPrize
LiveStatue and Friends – Robert Shangle and Jasper Shangle
Llew (Doc) Tilma
Grizzlies on the Ford
The Metaphorest Project
Tracy Van Duinen, Andy Bellomo, Todd Osborne, Phil Schuster
Each of those artists will receive at least $7,000.
Over the next week, people will be able to cast just one vote for their favorite of the top ten. All of the ArtPrize entries will stay on display through the end of the contest.
The winner will be announced one week from today.