Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Thu October 6, 2011
VW recalls 168,000 cars for fuel leaks
DETROIT (AP) - Volkswagen is recalling more than 168,000 cars with diesel engines because a defect in the fuel injectors that could cause fires.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that the recall affects some 2010 to 2012 Volkswagen Golf and 2009 to 2012 Jetta models. Also affected are some Audi A3 models from the 2010 through 2012 model years.
Volkswagen says cracks can develop in the fuel injectors of 2-liter diesel engines. Fuel can leak and could cause a fire.
But the company says it doesn't know of any fires or injuries from the problem.
Volkswagen will replace the fuel injector line on one of the cylinders free of charge.