Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- Ypsilanti family finds happiness in living off the land
- Michigan's student homelessness problem is growing
Wed June 1, 2011
Walberg describes GOP meeting with Pres. Obama as 'congenial'
Michigan congressman Tim Walberg describes today’s meeting between Republican lawmakers and President Obama as ‘congenial’. Walberg was among the GOP members of congress who outlined their concerns about the budget during the 90 minute meeting with the president at the White House.
“I’m not sure there was ultimately much change. And we will wait now to see if the president follows through with proposals of his own.”
GOP lawmakers say they won’t support increasing the debt ceiling until the Obama administration agrees to deep spending cuts.