Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Wed June 1, 2011
Walberg describes GOP meeting with Pres. Obama as 'congenial'
Michigan congressman Tim Walberg describes today’s meeting between Republican lawmakers and President Obama as ‘congenial’. Walberg was among the GOP members of congress who outlined their concerns about the budget during the 90 minute meeting with the president at the White House.
“I’m not sure there was ultimately much change. And we will wait now to see if the president follows through with proposals of his own.”
GOP lawmakers say they won’t support increasing the debt ceiling until the Obama administration agrees to deep spending cuts.