Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed June 1, 2011
Walberg describes GOP meeting with Pres. Obama as 'congenial'
Michigan congressman Tim Walberg describes today’s meeting between Republican lawmakers and President Obama as ‘congenial’. Walberg was among the GOP members of congress who outlined their concerns about the budget during the 90 minute meeting with the president at the White House.
“I’m not sure there was ultimately much change. And we will wait now to see if the president follows through with proposals of his own.”
GOP lawmakers say they won’t support increasing the debt ceiling until the Obama administration agrees to deep spending cuts.