Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed June 1, 2011
Walberg describes GOP meeting with Pres. Obama as 'congenial'
Michigan congressman Tim Walberg describes today’s meeting between Republican lawmakers and President Obama as ‘congenial’. Walberg was among the GOP members of congress who outlined their concerns about the budget during the 90 minute meeting with the president at the White House.
“I’m not sure there was ultimately much change. And we will wait now to see if the president follows through with proposals of his own.”
GOP lawmakers say they won’t support increasing the debt ceiling until the Obama administration agrees to deep spending cuts.