Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Wed June 1, 2011
Walberg describes GOP meeting with Pres. Obama as 'congenial'
Michigan congressman Tim Walberg describes today’s meeting between Republican lawmakers and President Obama as ‘congenial’. Walberg was among the GOP members of congress who outlined their concerns about the budget during the 90 minute meeting with the president at the White House.
“I’m not sure there was ultimately much change. And we will wait now to see if the president follows through with proposals of his own.”
GOP lawmakers say they won’t support increasing the debt ceiling until the Obama administration agrees to deep spending cuts.