Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Michigan Athletic Department embarrasses while trying to fill seats
- Ford Motor Company gets a "D" for planning for climate change
- Debate ongoing over fish farming in the Great Lakes
- Terri Lynn Land is running an odd campaign in “Wizard of Oz” style
- Honeybees collaborate with Kalamazoo artist on ArtPrize exhibit
Tue August 14, 2012
Want kids' immunization records? There's an app for that
The University of Michigan Health System is making some basic personal medical records available to patients on on the web.
Starting Wednesday,UMHS patients can go on the web or smart phone to check the results of a lab test, request a prescription refill, and other health routine matters.
Dr. Margaret Punch is in charge of the new project.
She says parents could use the portal to get their kids' immunization records, state.
"We've all had a moment where you realize at 9:00 at night that you need a copy of it tomorrow -- and you could just go online and print it."
Punch says the website will be secure, and patients will be urged to keep their passwords safe, to make sure personal information doesn't end up in the wrong hands.