Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue August 14, 2012
Want kids' immunization records? There's an app for that
The University of Michigan Health System is making some basic personal medical records available to patients on on the web.
Starting Wednesday,UMHS patients can go on the web or smart phone to check the results of a lab test, request a prescription refill, and other health routine matters.
Dr. Margaret Punch is in charge of the new project.
She says parents could use the portal to get their kids' immunization records, state.
"We've all had a moment where you realize at 9:00 at night that you need a copy of it tomorrow -- and you could just go online and print it."
Punch says the website will be secure, and patients will be urged to keep their passwords safe, to make sure personal information doesn't end up in the wrong hands.