Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed February 8, 2012
Warm winter hampers Northern Michigan sled dog race
INDIAN RIVER, Mich. (AP) - A northern Lower Peninsula sled dog race has been cancelled because of a lack of snow.
The Cheboygan Daily Tribune reports the 2nd annual Indian River Sprint Dog Sled Race has been cancelled. Race Committee President Jane Schramm says it originally was set for Jan. 28-29 before being postponed until this Saturday and Sunday.
The original postponement was made because there was too much ice.
Warmer than usual weather and a lack of snow have led to the postponement or cancellation of several winter events recently in Michigan.