Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Politics & Government
Wed June 27, 2012
The week in Michigan politics
It's Wednesday, which means it's time for Michigan Radio’s Christina Shockley to check in with political analyst Jack Lessenberry about what’s happening this week in Michigan politics. Today, Jack and Christina cover how there's a little something for everybody in the budget Gov. Snyder signed yesterday, whether Democrats unhappy with the spending plan might campaign on the issue and Detroit Mayor Dave Bing’s announcement that the city is going to cut 164 firefighters this summer.
-Alli Billings, Michigan Radio Newsroom