Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Government
Wed June 27, 2012
The week in Michigan politics
It's Wednesday, which means it's time for Michigan Radio’s Christina Shockley to check in with political analyst Jack Lessenberry about what’s happening this week in Michigan politics. Today, Jack and Christina cover how there's a little something for everybody in the budget Gov. Snyder signed yesterday, whether Democrats unhappy with the spending plan might campaign on the issue and Detroit Mayor Dave Bing’s announcement that the city is going to cut 164 firefighters this summer.
-Alli Billings, Michigan Radio Newsroom