Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Politics & Government
Wed June 27, 2012
The week in Michigan politics
It's Wednesday, which means it's time for Michigan Radio’s Christina Shockley to check in with political analyst Jack Lessenberry about what’s happening this week in Michigan politics. Today, Jack and Christina cover how there's a little something for everybody in the budget Gov. Snyder signed yesterday, whether Democrats unhappy with the spending plan might campaign on the issue and Detroit Mayor Dave Bing’s announcement that the city is going to cut 164 firefighters this summer.
-Alli Billings, Michigan Radio Newsroom