Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
The week in Michigan politics, campaign finance
Wed August 1, 2012
The week in Michigan politics
Every Wednesday Christina Shockley talks with Jack Lessenberry about the political stories of the week. This week they talked about the republican debates that will be held Thursday and how the U.S. Justice Department is suing Michigan over the failure of some clerks to send absentee ballots to military personnel overseas in time for their votes to be counted. They also talked about campaign finance issues including how the Democratic party wants the IRS to investigate Republican U-S Senate candidate, Clark Durant.