Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
Wed July 27, 2011
The Week in State Politics
It’s Wednesday… the morning we speak with Michigan Radio’s Political Analyst, Jack Lessenberry, about what’s going on in state politics.
This week, several contract negotiations are going on. The Snyder administration is opening talks with state employees. They're trying to get state employees to agree to benefit concessions to save the state some $265 million. And, the United Auto Workers has begun contract negotiations with the Detroit automakers.