Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed August 10, 2011
The Week in State Politics
Governor Snyder signed the legislative re-districting bills into law yesterday. The maps were approved by the state Legislature's Republican majorities. We talk about the politics behind the new maps and how much they'll change the 2012 election with Michigan Radio's Political Analyst Jack Lessenberry.
Also, in this morning's Week in State Politics, we'll take a look at the Michigan Democratic Party's role in the recall elections in Wisconsin and what it means now that five public employee unions have said they'll come together to bargain with the state as the Snyder administration looks to find some $260 million in budget savings from state employees.