Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Government
Thu April 11, 2013
Weekly Political Roundup: Budget talks, pre-K education, road funding
Each week we take a look at Michigan politics with Susan Demas, political analyst for Michigan Information and Research Service, and Ken Sikkema, former Senate Majority Leader and Senior Policy Fellow at Public Sector Consultants.
Both houses of the Legislature are presenting their versions of the budget. We talk about major deviations between the House and Senate versions. And, pre-K education gets a lot of attention from Governor Snyder. Plus, two things to watch for in the coming weeks: road funding and the expansion of Medicaid.