Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Politics & Government
Thu April 11, 2013
Weekly Political Roundup: Budget talks, pre-K education, road funding
Each week we take a look at Michigan politics with Susan Demas, political analyst for Michigan Information and Research Service, and Ken Sikkema, former Senate Majority Leader and Senior Policy Fellow at Public Sector Consultants.
Both houses of the Legislature are presenting their versions of the budget. We talk about major deviations between the House and Senate versions. And, pre-K education gets a lot of attention from Governor Snyder. Plus, two things to watch for in the coming weeks: road funding and the expansion of Medicaid.