Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Weekly Political Roundup
Thu June 27, 2013
Weekly Political Roundup: Update on Detroit's shrinking city council
It's Thursday, the day we talk Michigan politics. This week the legislature began its summer recess and there is a lot happening in Detroit so we focus our conversation there. With the city council rapidly losing members, what happens next and does it matter?
Susan Demas, political analyst for Michigan Information and Research Service, and Stephen Henderson, editorial page editor for the Detroit Free Press, catch us up on the latest.
Listen to the full interview above.