Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
Wed August 14, 2013
West Michigan women's softball team still has some of its original members 40 years later
What comes to mind when you think about women playing baseball?
You might think of Tom Hanks yelling “There’s no crying in baseball!” in the 1992 film "A League of their Own."
Well there is a women’s softball team in West Michigan that would be more than happy to show that they don’t cry and they can play. Some of them have been on the team together for more than 40 years.
Joining us now is Lynn Schweibert. She has been playing on the same team in West Michigan with three other women for the past four decades. Her daughter Leslie Reimink also plays on the team. They joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.