Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue June 25, 2013
What does America mean to you? We want to know
The Fourth of July is a time for family, fireworks, picnics, and pies.
But it is also a time when many reflect on what it means to be an American.
Here at Michigan Radio, we’re putting together some special stories for Fourth of July. We want to know, what does America mean to you?
We each have a deeply personal story about being an American. Perhaps you have a story about immigration or maybe you or a loved one has served time in the military. Others may appreciate a particular American freedom that is not universally a guaranteed right in other countries.
Please click on this link in order to submit your story. It’s easy! We ask about a moment when you felt patriotic, a moment when you felt that America was not living up to your vision, and what America means to you right now.
We're also collecting pictures that say "America" to you. Click on this link to share your photo with us.
Michigan Radio partners with Public Insight Network to help collect stories from the public. Everything you share will be read by journalists only, and your responses are confidential unless you tell us we may publish them.
Politics & Government