Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Thu September 19, 2013
What does "quality education" mean to you?
Today we're asking you and our in-studio guests, "What would it take to give all kids in Michigan a quality education?"
Our conversation starts with a look at how educational opportunities vary throughout the state and find out how we got here.
We've fielded your advance questions and comments, but we'll also have plenty of room for your calls (phone 866-255-2762) and tweets (@StateofOpp). You can also post to the State of Opportunity Facebook page.
Our expert guests will speak with us about school finance, school reform, how being in a school labeled as "failing" affects children and what lessons Michigan can learn from other states.
Jennifer White hosts this special at 3 p.m.