Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Thu September 19, 2013
What does "quality education" mean to you?
Today we're asking you and our in-studio guests, "What would it take to give all kids in Michigan a quality education?"
Our conversation starts with a look at how educational opportunities vary throughout the state and find out how we got here.
We've fielded your advance questions and comments, but we'll also have plenty of room for your calls (phone 866-255-2762) and tweets (@StateofOpp). You can also post to the State of Opportunity Facebook page.
Our expert guests will speak with us about school finance, school reform, how being in a school labeled as "failing" affects children and what lessons Michigan can learn from other states.
Jennifer White hosts this special at 3 p.m.