Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Thu September 19, 2013
What does "quality education" mean to you?
Today we're asking you and our in-studio guests, "What would it take to give all kids in Michigan a quality education?"
Our conversation starts with a look at how educational opportunities vary throughout the state and find out how we got here.
We've fielded your advance questions and comments, but we'll also have plenty of room for your calls (phone 866-255-2762) and tweets (@StateofOpp). You can also post to the State of Opportunity Facebook page.
Our expert guests will speak with us about school finance, school reform, how being in a school labeled as "failing" affects children and what lessons Michigan can learn from other states.
Jennifer White hosts this special at 3 p.m.