Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICYMI: Terri Lynn Land takes your questions on "Michigan Calling"
- Spoiled fans? John U. Bacon says MSU football can't blame students for leaving games early
- Terri Lynn Land is running an odd campaign in “Wizard of Oz” style
- What's the status of the old oil pipeline under Lake Michigan? We need more information to know.
- What we lose when newspapers sink
Wed July 24, 2013
What will Detroit look like after the bankruptcy?
Eventually, Detroit’s bankruptcy filing will be over. Eventually, Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr will no longer be in charge of Detroit’s finances.
When those things happen, Detroit will go back to being run by its city government, by a mayor, and a city council.
Daniel Howes, columnist at The Detroit News, focused on this future in his column yesterday in the News. He joined us today to discuss whether Detroit can shed its bad governance habits in light of the bankruptcy.
Listen to the full interview above.