Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
Wed July 24, 2013
What will Detroit look like after the bankruptcy?
Eventually, Detroit’s bankruptcy filing will be over. Eventually, Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr will no longer be in charge of Detroit’s finances.
When those things happen, Detroit will go back to being run by its city government, by a mayor, and a city council.
Daniel Howes, columnist at The Detroit News, focused on this future in his column yesterday in the News. He joined us today to discuss whether Detroit can shed its bad governance habits in light of the bankruptcy.
Listen to the full interview above.