Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue October 8, 2013
What would it take to make Detroit a new fashion hub?
When you think “fashion,” what are the first cities to pop into your mind?
New York? London? Milan? Paris?
No one will dispute those cities’ claim to being fashion hubs.
But there’s a passionate group in the style and fashion community that says Detroit can be a fashion hub, and a great place for designers to make a mark.
Karen Buscemi is the editor of StyleLine magazine. She’s also the founder and managing partner of the Detroit Garment Group Guild. Their motto: “Keep Michigan Talent In Michigan.”
To that end, the Detroit Garment Group Guild recently held FashionSpeak2013, a one-day networking and conference for Michigan’s fashion industry.
Buscemi talked to us to get a sense of what exactly Detroit’s burgeoning fashion scene looks like.
Listen to the full interview above.