Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Politics & Government
Fri February 21, 2014
What you need to know about Detroit's bankruptcy adjustment plan
Detroit's emergency manager, Kevyn Orr, has filed a plan to restructure the city's $18 billion debt.
The plan makes cuts to pensioners and creditors while offering a blueprint for the city to emerge from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.
The plan was filed today in federal bankruptcy court.
What are the main things we should know about the plan? Stephen Henderson, editorial page editor at the Detroit Free Press, spoke with Rina Miller.