Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Environment & Science
Wed February 19, 2014
What's behind Michigan's propane emergency?
Last month, in the midst of the polar vortex, Gov. Rick Snyder declared an energy emergency in the state as propane supplies dropped.
The shortage continues as Michiganders who rely on propane for their heat have to worry about getting propane – and when they do, dealing with major price increases.
What's behind the shortage? And what does it mean for the 9 to 10 percent of Michigan homes that use propane for heat?
Listen to the full interview above.
The Environment Report
Politics & Government