Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Environment & Science
Wed February 19, 2014
What's behind Michigan's propane emergency?
Last month, in the midst of the polar vortex, Gov. Rick Snyder declared an energy emergency in the state as propane supplies dropped.
The shortage continues as Michiganders who rely on propane for their heat have to worry about getting propane – and when they do, dealing with major price increases.
What's behind the shortage? And what does it mean for the 9 to 10 percent of Michigan homes that use propane for heat?
Listen to the full interview above.
The Environment Report
Politics & Government