Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Michigan Athletic Department embarrasses while trying to fill seats
- Honeybees collaborate with Kalamazoo artist on ArtPrize exhibit
- Who is Mark Schauer, really?
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Truth Squad rules "flagrant foul" on teachers' union ad, warns Snyder campaign
Environment & Science
Wed February 19, 2014
What's behind Michigan's propane emergency?
Last month, in the midst of the polar vortex, Gov. Rick Snyder declared an energy emergency in the state as propane supplies dropped.
The shortage continues as Michiganders who rely on propane for their heat have to worry about getting propane – and when they do, dealing with major price increases.
What's behind the shortage? And what does it mean for the 9 to 10 percent of Michigan homes that use propane for heat?
Listen to the full interview above.
The Environment Report
Politics & Government