Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Environment & Science
Wed February 19, 2014
What's behind Michigan's propane emergency?
Last month, in the midst of the polar vortex, Gov. Rick Snyder declared an energy emergency in the state as propane supplies dropped.
The shortage continues as Michiganders who rely on propane for their heat have to worry about getting propane – and when they do, dealing with major price increases.
What's behind the shortage? And what does it mean for the 9 to 10 percent of Michigan homes that use propane for heat?
Listen to the full interview above.
The Environment Report
Politics & Government