Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed June 22, 2011
What's the coolest thing about Detroit? Here's what you said
We're back with more from our survey about Detroit's image. Many people think the city is and always was a great place, with a bad reputation. But others think the problems and challenges the city faces are just too big. Before we get to responses about Detroit's drawbacks, here's what people say is the coolest thing about Detroit.
Cars, and the pride of a town built on the automobile industry. If you are a car person, it is definitely a pilgrimage of sorts. - Robbert Liddell, Detroit
Detroit is a place that allows people to express themselves creatively without government red-tape. –Joshua Slominski, Farmington Hills
Redemption. - George Boyter London, England
The areas surrounding the sports arenas. –Cheryl Vee, Fraser, MI
The mash-up of cultures, histories and people. –Matthew McPhail, Wichita, KS
The people. They are humble, hardworking, and caring. –Joel Arnold, Flint, MI
The people, the history, the potential. –Ben Keyes, Detroit, MI
The coolest things about Detroit are its complexity of architecture, its citizens' deep pride for their city, and its music scene. And the best part, from my perspective, is how automobile culture runs through the city's veins. –Jeffrey Jablansky, New Rochelle, NY
Would you like to share your thoughts? Take our survey.
Then check back for more from our readers.