Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Wed August 21, 2013
What's the view of Detroit from 'Up North?'
In the five weeks since Detroit filed for bankruptcy, there has been much conversation, much reporting, much editorializing.
What does it mean? Who will be affected? How can Detroit turn itself around? A lot of opinions, and a lot of views.
One view we have not gotten yet on Stateside is the view of the Detroit bankruptcy from "Up North."
That's something we remedied today as we welcomed Ken Winter, former editor and publisher of the Petoskey News-Review and member of the Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame.
And, freshly returned from his trip to the Upper Peninsula, where he was able to get an up-close take on the UP's view of Detroit, Michigan Radio's political analyst Jack Lessenberry also joined the discussion.
Listen to the full interview above.