Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Wed August 21, 2013
What's the view of Detroit from 'Up North?'
In the five weeks since Detroit filed for bankruptcy, there has been much conversation, much reporting, much editorializing.
What does it mean? Who will be affected? How can Detroit turn itself around? A lot of opinions, and a lot of views.
One view we have not gotten yet on Stateside is the view of the Detroit bankruptcy from "Up North."
That's something we remedied today as we welcomed Ken Winter, former editor and publisher of the Petoskey News-Review and member of the Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame.
And, freshly returned from his trip to the Upper Peninsula, where he was able to get an up-close take on the UP's view of Detroit, Michigan Radio's political analyst Jack Lessenberry also joined the discussion.
Listen to the full interview above.