Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Arts & Culture
Mon May 20, 2013
Where can you find the best 'craft cocktails' in Michigan?
Michigan Radio's Lester Graham recently reported that Michigan is building its reputation as a state known for its distilleries:
That's being driven in part by a growing interest in craft cocktails.
The first thing you're likely to notice in these craft cocktail bars is all the fruit and jars of fresh herbs such as mint and rosemary. You're not going to find premixed bottles of corn syrup-laden sweet and sour here. It's all about real aromas and flavors.
Graham noted a few popular craft cocktail bars in Southeast Michigan:
- The Last Word, Ann Arbor
- The Sugar House, Detroit
- The Ravens Club, Ann Arbor
- The Oakland: Art Novelty Company, Ferndale
- The Bar at 327 Braun Court, Ann Arbor
So where is your favorite place to go for a cocktail?
Let us know in the comment section below, or tweet your favorite with the hashtag #MImixeddrinks
- Lucy Perkins, Michigan Radio Newsroom