Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Arts & Culture
Mon May 20, 2013
Where can you find the best 'craft cocktails' in Michigan?
Michigan Radio's Lester Graham recently reported that Michigan is building its reputation as a state known for its distilleries:
That's being driven in part by a growing interest in craft cocktails.
The first thing you're likely to notice in these craft cocktail bars is all the fruit and jars of fresh herbs such as mint and rosemary. You're not going to find premixed bottles of corn syrup-laden sweet and sour here. It's all about real aromas and flavors.
Graham noted a few popular craft cocktail bars in Southeast Michigan:
- The Last Word, Ann Arbor
- The Sugar House, Detroit
- The Ravens Club, Ann Arbor
- The Oakland: Art Novelty Company, Ferndale
- The Bar at 327 Braun Court, Ann Arbor
So where is your favorite place to go for a cocktail?
Let us know in the comment section below, or tweet your favorite with the hashtag #MImixeddrinks
- Lucy Perkins, Michigan Radio Newsroom