Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
- 18 new charters opening this fall are already controversial
- What’s news, what’s fake news, and do all voters know the difference?
Wed June 26, 2013
Who is shopping at the new Whole Foods in Detroit?
There’s been a lot of buzz about the grocery chain Whole Foods opening a store in Midtown Detroit, maybe too much buzz.
The idea of Whole Foods, the store nicknamed by some as “Whole Paycheck,” being the first store in a city hit hard by poverty seems at best incongruent.
Kami Pothukuchi, associate professor of urban planning at Wayne State University, and Micki Maynard, contributor to Forbes.com and former Detroit reporter for the New York Times, joined us in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.