Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Mon August 19, 2013
Why the Detroit Public School bond offering is worth a look to investors
So, investors, who's willing to bite? Who is willing to buy bonds from a troubled school district being run by an emergency manager located in a city run by an emergency manager, a city that just made history with its bankruptcy filing?
It's easy to understand why investors may run the other way from the Detroit Public Schools' bond offering.
But Josh Gonze says "not so fast!" He is a municipal bond portfolio manager who thinks the Detroit Public Schools bond offering tomorrow has something to offer an investor.
Josh Gonze is with Thornberg Investment Management based in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.