Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue May 13, 2014
Why more Americans are giving up their cars
Changes are happening in the way we've relied on cars and trucks to get us where we want to go. But can people really get around without cars?
Micki Maynard has founded a new journalism project called Curbing Cars. Part of this project is her e-book, Curbing Cars: America's Independence from the Auto Industry, which was published by Forbes. She joined us on Stateside.
*Listen to the full interview above.