Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Tue May 13, 2014
Why more Americans are giving up their cars
Changes are happening in the way we've relied on cars and trucks to get us where we want to go. But can people really get around without cars?
Micki Maynard has founded a new journalism project called Curbing Cars. Part of this project is her e-book, Curbing Cars: America's Independence from the Auto Industry, which was published by Forbes. She joined us on Stateside.
*Listen to the full interview above.