Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Tue March 25, 2014
Will a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution cure our national debt?
Michigan could soon join about 20 states that are formally calling for a national convention to draft a balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Michigan itself has a balanced budget requirement, but not so for the federal government.
This idea of a balanced budget amendment has really taken off in the past few years as the nation’s debt has increased.
Charles Ballad is an economist with Michigan State University, and he joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government