Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Tue March 25, 2014
Will a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution cure our national debt?
Michigan could soon join about 20 states that are formally calling for a national convention to draft a balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Michigan itself has a balanced budget requirement, but not so for the federal government.
This idea of a balanced budget amendment has really taken off in the past few years as the nation’s debt has increased.
Charles Ballad is an economist with Michigan State University, and he joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government