Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Michigan Athletic Department embarrasses while trying to fill seats
- Honeybees collaborate with Kalamazoo artist on ArtPrize exhibit
- Who is Mark Schauer, really?
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Truth Squad rules "flagrant foul" on teachers' union ad, warns Snyder campaign
Tue March 25, 2014
Will a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution cure our national debt?
Michigan could soon join about 20 states that are formally calling for a national convention to draft a balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Michigan itself has a balanced budget requirement, but not so for the federal government.
This idea of a balanced budget amendment has really taken off in the past few years as the nation’s debt has increased.
Charles Ballad is an economist with Michigan State University, and he joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government