Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu December 5, 2013
Will the DIA survive Detroit's bankruptcy? A Detroit News columnist shares his thoughts
What’s going to happen with the Detroit Institute of Arts?
That’s the question on the minds of many Michiganders after the city of Detroit was deemed eligible for Chapter 9 bankruptcy on Tuesday.
Daniel Howes, a business columnist with The Detroit News, talks with us about all things DIA — a recent appraisal of the institute’s collection, Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr’s interest in the museum, and a possible rescue plan cooked up by a federal judge.
Listen to full interview above.