Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Wed November 10, 2010
Will we finally be able to have a Bloody Mary at Sunday brunch?
UPDATE 1:38 PM: The Associated Press is reporting that the state Senate passed the bill 25-13. The bill now goes to the House.
I just got a heads-up from our Lansing-based reporter Laura Weber. She says a deal has been reached between the state House and Senate that would allow for liquor sales in Michigan on Sunday mornings and Christmas Day.
A previous bill that would have allowed for the sales was vetoed by Governor Granholm last month. Now, it appears lawmakers have reworked the bill for the governor's approval.
The Senate is expected to vote on the measure this afternoon.