Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Thu February 13, 2014
Win a pair of tickets to see the Japanese performance ensemble TAO
TAO: Phoenix Rising
Sunday, March 16, 3 PM
Cobb Great Hall, Wharton Center, Lansing
Entry deadline: Tuesday, March 4
An athletic ensemble in dazzling costumes meets explosive Taiko drumming and innovative choreography. TAO has critics waxing lyrical about their extraordinary precision, energy, and stamina. The performers live and train in the mountains of Japan, reaching the highest level of virtuosity after years of intense study.
TAO combines the traditional art of Japanese drumming with spectacular modern effects and brings nontraditional flair to the group by drawing on members’ diverse backgrounds: one as a rock musician, another a gymnast, and yet another as a composer. They offer a young and vibrantly modern take on a traditional art form.
More information click here