Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Sun January 5, 2014
Winter storm, freeze delay Spartan Rose Bowl celebration
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Michigan State University officials have delayed a celebration for the school's Rose Bowl-winning football team because of a major snowstorm and polar temperatures in the forecast.
The Detroit Free Press reported Saturday that athletic director Mark Hollis said the celebration planned for Monday will be rescheduled to an undetermined date. Meanwhile, the East Lansing university will honor the team during Tuesday's home basketball game against Ohio State.
The Number 4 Spartans beat 5th ranked Stanford 24-20 Wednesday. The team returned Thursday night, and the school sponsored a rally at the Skandalaris Football Center.
Southern Michigan is expected to get anywhere from six inches to a foot of snow by late Sunday. A temperature plunge will follow, with near record lows of between 10 and 15 degrees below zero.