Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Sun January 5, 2014
Winter storm, freeze delay Spartan Rose Bowl celebration
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Michigan State University officials have delayed a celebration for the school's Rose Bowl-winning football team because of a major snowstorm and polar temperatures in the forecast.
The Detroit Free Press reported Saturday that athletic director Mark Hollis said the celebration planned for Monday will be rescheduled to an undetermined date. Meanwhile, the East Lansing university will honor the team during Tuesday's home basketball game against Ohio State.
The Number 4 Spartans beat 5th ranked Stanford 24-20 Wednesday. The team returned Thursday night, and the school sponsored a rally at the Skandalaris Football Center.
Southern Michigan is expected to get anywhere from six inches to a foot of snow by late Sunday. A temperature plunge will follow, with near record lows of between 10 and 15 degrees below zero.