Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Wed March 23, 2011
"Wintry Mix" Storm continues today
It started last night and is expected to continue through tonight.
Winter storm warnings will remain in effect until 8 p.m. tonight for many communities north of I-94.
Areas east of Kalamazoo along the I-94 corridor to Detroit are under the less menacing "winter weather advisories" until 2 p.m. today.
From the National Weather Service:
Moderate to heavy snow is expected around Midland, Bay City and Bad Axe. Freezing Rain, Sleet and Snow is expected from a Howell to Pontiac to Mount Clemes line north to a Saginaw to Sandusky line - including the cities of Flint, Lapeer, and Port Huron. Light Freezing Rain is expected across the Detroit Metropolitan region.
You can follow the National Weather Service's updated forecasts using the following links: