Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
Arts & Culture
Sat April 5, 2014
Women to get "potty parity" at DeVos Hall
GRAND RAPIDS — The latest shouts of "bravo!" have nothing to do with the stage at a Grand Rapids performance hall.
The group that oversees DeVos Performance Hall will spend $69,000 to add five bathroom stalls for women. It's a response to complaints about long lines for women at intermission.
Broadway Grand Rapids complained that long waits were disrupting performances.
The Grand Rapids Press (http://bit.ly/1fJ9F6W) says the work should be completed by July. The lines would be shorter if patrons used restrooms on the upper levels, but restrooms in the main lobby are very popular during intermission.