Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Arts & Culture
Sat April 5, 2014
Women to get "potty parity" at DeVos Hall
GRAND RAPIDS — The latest shouts of "bravo!" have nothing to do with the stage at a Grand Rapids performance hall.
The group that oversees DeVos Performance Hall will spend $69,000 to add five bathroom stalls for women. It's a response to complaints about long lines for women at intermission.
Broadway Grand Rapids complained that long waits were disrupting performances.
The Grand Rapids Press (http://bit.ly/1fJ9F6W) says the work should be completed by July. The lines would be shorter if patrons used restrooms on the upper levels, but restrooms in the main lobby are very popular during intermission.