Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Spoiled fans? John U. Bacon says MSU football can't blame students for leaving games early
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Tue March 25, 2014
'Yooper' recognized as an official word by Merriam-Webster's Dictionary
Welcome, dear "Yooper." And we’re not talking specifically to those of you who live in the Upper Peninsula. We’re talking about the actual word "Yooper." It’s official, according to the 2014 edition of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
Anne Curzan is an English professor at the University of Michigan, and she joins us every Sunday on Michigan Radio for "That's What They Say." Anne joined us today to discuss the specifics of this new official word.
Listen to the full interview above.