Wednesday's $500 million Powerball jackpot drawing came and went without a winner.
Since then, the jackpot for this Saturday's drawing has climbed to an estimated $800 million.
It's the largest prize in American lottery history.
Now that you're busy making plans to retire early on a private island in the Caribbean, allow us to burst your champagne bubble.
You will probably not win.
In fact, Grand Valley State University Professor John Gabrosek says the odds of the winner even being from Michigan are less than two percent.
It gets worse.
Gabrosek says your overall odds of winning are one in 292 million.
To put that in perspective, here are a few more things Gabrosek says you're more likely to experience:
- Being called to "Come on down!" on The Price is Right - one in 36
- Being audited by the IRS - one in 175
- Winning an Oscar - one in 11,500
- Becoming billionaire - one in 7 million
- Becoming president of the U.S. - one in 10,000,000
Best of luck this weekend!