Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
On the Media
On the Media is an up-close look at what the media are covering and why. While maintaining the civility and fairness that are the hallmarks of public radio, On the Media tackles sticky issues with a frankness and transparency.
Friday, March 7, 2014 12:00am
The effort to preserve journalistic freedom during the Crimean crisis. Plus, Bob Garfield issues a special report on the streaming video revolution.
Monday, March 3, 2014 10:13am
Last fall, TLDR covered a bunch of hoaxes. Some we liked, most we didn't. On this episode, we talk to Paulo Ordoveza and Adrienne LaFrance, a couple of people who have devoted themselves to trying to debunk the innumerable falsehoods flying around the internet.
Friday, February 28, 2014 12:00am
A look at the suspension of rights at the border, murkiness of border policies, and lack of answers from the federal government.
Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:25pm
"Sweepers" are people who spend their free time entering hundreds of online sweepstakes -- the contests most of us skip because we're sure they're all scams. It turns out, we're wrong. Some people win big. Reporter Laura Mayer takes us into the online sweepstakes universe.
- Sandra Grauschopf is About.com's Contests and Sweepstakes Expert. You can visit her website, http://contests.about.com, to learn all you need to know about sweepstakes, and to check out what other sweepers have to say in About.com’s contests and sweepstakes forums.
- You can order Don Cruz's book "Life of an HGTV Dream Home Winner" at his website, DonCruz.net
Friday, February 21, 2014 12:00am
Remarkable images from protests in Kiev, a Pentagon Vietnam War commemoration website, and the proposed Comcast -Time Warner merger.