Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
On Point- Hear provocative voices and passionate discussion as Tom Ashbrook confronts the stories that are at the center of what is important in the world today. Leaving no perspective unchallenged, On Point digs past the surface and into the core of a subject, exposing each of its real world implications.
Friday, March 7, 2014 3:23pmIt's sugar season in the maple forests of the U.S. and Canada. We'll look at the secrets of the maple syrup industry, and how it's dealing with climate change.
Friday, March 7, 2014 2:13pmCrisis over Russia and Ukraine. Another delay for Obamacare. Big changes to the SAT. Our weekly news roundtable goes behind the headlines.
Thursday, March 6, 2014 2:53pmNepotism in America. From the political elite to the boardroom suite, we'll look at the rise of family ties. Plus, we'll look at the new shape of the SAT exam, and what it will mean for young college applicants.
Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:43pmMore scrutiny of plastics. Evidence of potential danger now, even in the kinds that were supposed to be safe. We'll get the latest.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:41pmTony Trischka, the man who made the banjo bigger, jazzier and more worldly brings his banjo to our studio.