Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Science Friday - NPR's midday news-talk show - an exchange of ideas and opinions on the issues that dominate science news. Explore science-related topics -- from subatomic particles and the human genome to the Internet and earthquakes. Listen to in-depth discussion with scientists and others from all walks of life whose work influences our daily lives.
Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:00pmIn It’s Complicated, Internet scholar danah boyd debunks myths about teens’ online lives.
Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:00pmResearcher and musician Charles Limb created an fMRI-safe keyboard to study the effects of jazz on the brain.
Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:00pmAdam Summers of the University of Washington's Friday Harbor Labs details how the northern clingfish takes the art of suction to new heights.
Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:00pmU.S. Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz talks about progress on President Obama’s “all-of-the-above” energy strategy.
Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:00pmA pulsar 37,000 light-years from Earth collided with a billion-ton asteroid.