Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Science Friday - NPR's midday news-talk show - an exchange of ideas and opinions on the issues that dominate science news. Explore science-related topics -- from subatomic particles and the human genome to the Internet and earthquakes. Listen to in-depth discussion with scientists and others from all walks of life whose work influences our daily lives.
Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:00pmThe pioneering treatment uses cells from the nasal cavity and strips of nerve from the ankle to repair a spinal injury.
Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:00pmWalter Isaacson’s The Innovators shows how the digital revolution was a team effort.
Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:00pmHand sanitizer and similar products could increase the amount of BPA absorbed by the skin.
Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:00pmThe Science Club meets to discuss your observations of the world around you, from spider habitats to lunar eclipses.
Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:00pmA manta ray can filter 240 gallons of seawater per minute.