Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Grading Michigan Schools
Michigan Radio's Grading Michigan Schools is a multi-part series that takes an in-depth look at education in Michigan. We hear why one college student feels let down by the public school system in the state. We find out about "unschooling," an education philosophy that abandons textbooks and a curriculum. We also look at how the public school system is serving at-risk students through education for the very young and early intervention for kids with special education needs.
Support for Grading Michigan Schools comes from the Grand Rapids Community Foundation, a founder of the Grand Rapids Education Reform Initiative, and The Skillman Foundation, a voice for Detroit children since 1960.