Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
Grading Michigan Schools
Michigan Radio's Grading Michigan Schools is a multi-part series that takes an in-depth look at education in Michigan. We hear why one college student feels let down by the public school system in the state. We find out about "unschooling," an education philosophy that abandons textbooks and a curriculum. We also look at how the public school system is serving at-risk students through education for the very young and early intervention for kids with special education needs.
Support for Grading Michigan Schools comes from the Grand Rapids Community Foundation, a founder of the Grand Rapids Education Reform Initiative, and The Skillman Foundation, a voice for Detroit children since 1960.