Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Generations of people came to the Midwest in hopes of finding a better life. But economic opportunity has been harder to find since the recession began, and people have left the region in record numbers in search of jobs or a better housing market.
Changing Gears “Midwest Migration” project is collecting photos, stories, and voicemail messages from former Midwesterners – people who have left region since the recession of 2008.
We’re mapping where people ended up, and we're sharing their stories about why they left and whether life is better for them now.
We’ll also hear whether they plan to return to the Midwest.
You can share your Midwest migration story here, and see responses on our Midwest Migration tumblr page.
The Midwest Migration will run through mid-February 2012.