Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Proposal 5 in Michigan: Tax hike supermajority
Voters will decide whether the Michigan Constitution should require that state tax increases be approved by either a 2/3 majority in the Michigan Legislature or by voters in a November election.
It applies to new state taxes, attempts to expand the tax base, and attempts to increase the rate of tax.
- Here's how Proposal 5 will appear on your ballot
- And here's the text of the proposed amendment to the Michigan Constitution
You can find out more about Proposal 5 by reading and listening below.