Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Proposal 5 in Michigan: Tax hike supermajority
Voters will decide whether the Michigan Constitution should require that state tax increases be approved by either a 2/3 majority in the Michigan Legislature or by voters in a November election.
It applies to new state taxes, attempts to expand the tax base, and attempts to increase the rate of tax.
- Here's how Proposal 5 will appear on your ballot
- And here's the text of the proposed amendment to the Michigan Constitution
You can find out more about Proposal 5 by reading and listening below.