Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Proposal 5 in Michigan: Tax hike supermajority
Voters will decide whether the Michigan Constitution should require that state tax increases be approved by either a 2/3 majority in the Michigan Legislature or by voters in a November election.
It applies to new state taxes, attempts to expand the tax base, and attempts to increase the rate of tax.
- Here's how Proposal 5 will appear on your ballot
- And here's the text of the proposed amendment to the Michigan Constitution
You can find out more about Proposal 5 by reading and listening below.