People in Grass Lake, in Jackson County, are arguing about their school district’s decision to allow a transgender boy in elementary school to use the boys’ restroom. The district has plans to build privacy stalls around urinals in school buildings. Supporters and opponents of the policy, including people who don’t live in Grass Lake, have been showing up at school board meetings even when the issue isn’t on the agenda.
News Headlines from NPR
- Callista Gingrich Confirmed As Ambassador To The Vatican
- Texas Trucker Pleads Guilty To Smuggling Of Undocumented Immigrants Leading To Deaths
- Rick Pitino Fired As Louisville Basketball Coach Amid Massive Bribery Probe
- In The Wake Of Harvey Weinstein Scandal, Women Say #MeToo
- Florida Man Awarded $37,500 After Cops Mistake Glazed Doughnut Crumbs For Meth