Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Steve Schram is the Director of Michigan Public Media. As its chief operating officer and Director of Broadcasting, he oversees Michigan Radio, the NPR news and information public radio station at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Before joining Michigan Radio in 2006, he served as Senior Vice President/General Manager of CBS Radio’s WOMC 104.3 and WYCD 99.5 as well as Director of Sales for its six leading radio stations in Detroit. Prior to Infinity, Schram was Senior Vice President for America Online, directing their Web Properties programming and content operations for brands such as Netscape.com and CompuServe. Schram’s extensive career experience in media management includes earlier roles as Market Executive &Vice President for Clear Channel Radio Detroit, providing leadership and general management for its top rated seven-radio station cluster.
Schram is the Immediate Past President and Board Member of the Michigan Association of Public Broadcasters. He previously served as director of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters in 1999-2002 and 2003-2005. He is a graduate of Leadership Detroit and a member of the Ann Arbor Rotary Club. Schram earned his B.A. degree in Television and Radio from Michigan State University. Steve and his wife, Laurie, have two adult sons.