Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Wed August 22, 2012
The Ann Arbor Shopping Cart Race speeds down Main St.
The annual Shopping Cart Race attracted a crowd of about one hundred people outside the Fleetwood Diner in downtown Ann Arbor last night. Each year, competitors personalize their shopping cart(s), don costumes and protective gear and push their teammates down the half-mile Main St. slope from E Ann St. to the railroad bridge past Depot St.
Scroll through the photo gallery above to see some of the racers and their creations.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom