Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue May 29, 2012
Annual Mackinac Island conference starts today
MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. (AP) - Gov. Rick Snyder is scheduled to make opening remarks as the Detroit Regional Chamber begins its annual policy conference on Mackinac Island.
The conference regularly draws more than 1,000 business and government leaders for three days of discussions about the Michigan economy, education and other issues. It starts Tuesday.
This year's program will focus on how Michigan can improve its global competitiveness through innovation and collaboration.
Also scheduled for the conference is a forum featuring Democratic U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow and Republicans Pete Hoekstra and Clark Durant, who are seeking their party's nomination to challenge her.