Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Arts & Culture
Sun January 6, 2013
Arab museum holds 8th annual film fest
An annual festival of movies from the Middle East is screening films rarely seen in the United States.
The schedule includes "1/2 Revolution," a personal look at a group of friends living in Cairo during the first days of the Egyptian uprisings that were part of the Arab Spring.
Other films include tales from Lebanon, the West Bank and Gaza, Morocco and Jordan.
All screenings take place in the museum's auditorium. Tickets are available in advance online or at the door.