Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- What’s crazier than gun control laws? 10,000 violent killings a year
- Securing this Enbridge pipeline is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
- Lack of debate isn’t fair to democracy or the voters of Michigan
Arts & Culture
Sun January 6, 2013
Arab museum holds 8th annual film fest
An annual festival of movies from the Middle East is screening films rarely seen in the United States.
The schedule includes "1/2 Revolution," a personal look at a group of friends living in Cairo during the first days of the Egyptian uprisings that were part of the Arab Spring.
Other films include tales from Lebanon, the West Bank and Gaza, Morocco and Jordan.
All screenings take place in the museum's auditorium. Tickets are available in advance online or at the door.