Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Arts & Culture
Sun January 6, 2013
Arab museum holds 8th annual film fest
An annual festival of movies from the Middle East is screening films rarely seen in the United States.
The schedule includes "1/2 Revolution," a personal look at a group of friends living in Cairo during the first days of the Egyptian uprisings that were part of the Arab Spring.
Other films include tales from Lebanon, the West Bank and Gaza, Morocco and Jordan.
All screenings take place in the museum's auditorium. Tickets are available in advance online or at the door.